Wednesday, 17 - 10 - 2012
I really like the way Adventure Time handles gender.
I mean, one episode had gender-bent versions of the characters, which were portrayed as awesome. Among them Fionna, a girl who loves to fight and wrestle and who can’t leave the house without at least one sword in her purse. She also doesn’t need no man to be happy.
And then there’s Princess Cookie. A guy who wants to be a princess someday. And instead of making fun of him or laughing at his dream, the episode is all about how anyone can be whatever they want.
There’s nothing wrong with people being the opposite gender, it can even be fun. A girl can be an independent tomboy if she wants, and it’s totally fine. And a guy can want to be a princess, and it’s all encouraged. I just think those are some really nice messages to send children.
- oliviainvintageland reblogged this from corisete
- rileyappleandwanderstravels likes this
- clay-and-steel reblogged this from faeriefountain
- yandere-anons likes this
- slutcakesandpurefuckery reblogged this from captainwellspokencunt
- candy-carousels reblogged this from captainwellspokencunt
- Show more notes